Adelphi Distillery Limited
Adelphi distillery was built in Glasgow in 1825. It survived for around 80 years with the last distillation in 1902. The warehouses continued to be used up until the late 60's and the distillery and subsequent buildings were completely demolished in the earl 70's. Jamie Walker, the great-grandson of the last owner, revived the name in 1992. He established the company as an independent bottler of single cask single malt whiskies. He later sold the company to two lairds from Argyllshire, who recruited Alex Bruce from the wine trade as the marketing director. The company bottles around 50 casks a year.
Join the mailing list now and receive a free Whiskies of Scotland Nosing & Tasting guide