Grain > Cambus
|Water Source||Lossburn Resevoir|
|Stills||2 Coffey stills|
|Open To Visitors|
Cambus was one of the first grain distilleries in Scotland and for a few years the largest. It was also one of the founding members of DCL. Built in 1813 by John Mowbray, the distillery had an uneventful life until 1914 when a large gale struck and a fire broke out engulfing the buildings. Luckily, the bonded warehouses were untouched saving gallons of whisky. Cambus did re-open till 1938 but it never reached its prime again and was closed in 1993. It is now being used as a cask-filling store and for bonded warehousing.
Join the mailing list now and receive a free Whiskies of Scotland Nosing & Tasting guide